Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hello

My friend and former colleague asked me to contribute to his blog and present a different perspective on life as a Scene Examiner within another Police Force. With him working in a very busy area in a very busy city and me in a not very busy area in a not very busy city, in fact not anywhere near a city, just a vast expanse of land occupied by cattle/sheep and the odd farmer and his wife.

Just over 5 years ago I left my home town to start my working life as a Crime Scene Examiner in a major city in the UK. I worked with Negative Result in one of the busiest areas in the city. We had a very good team of staff that were producing excellent results, which often went unnoticed by our Police colleagues. We only identified the offender after all!
The team had another quality, we were all a similar age and liked to drink!

Anyway 5 years of working in a very busy area I decided to retire to the country and become a CSI (CSI - a title I hate, much prefer SOCO, it's a little less flashy). The decision was very tough as I would be leaving a cracking team, my friends and a job I loved. However, the pull of home was strong.

The manic city lifestyle, the night duties from hell, the endless traffic jams, massive organisation that i didn't feel part of, the high crime rate, griefy jobs and my beast of a van all gone, replaced by.........................BOREDOM.
What have I done.

Z

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Zoe..