Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Logic Void

Last evening, as the dust settled on the scene of a running street fight...

Me: Right, can I just ask that everyone steps out of camera shot, please?
Member of Public: Why you takin' fotos of me, bro'?
Me: We're not. We want to photograph the scene.
MOP: Yeah, but why you takin' fotos of me? I wanna know why you is fotoing us!
Me: We're not, but if you don't move out of the way, sir, then you will be in the photograph won't you?
MOP: Why won't you tell me why you is takin fotos of me!
Me: (sigh) Sir, as I have already explained, we're not. We are photographing the scene of a crime. But if you don't move out of the way right now, then you will be in the photograph, and you may be required to attend court to explain yourself.
MOP: Oh. (exits stage left)

No comments: